San Francisco Superior Court, Department retired (website)
The Hon. Alfred Chiantelli is a retired judge of the Superior Court of San Francisco, California. He left the bench in 2002 to join ADR Services.
Despite being a Republican, Chiantelli remained active in San Francisco’s Democratic Party circles because of his likable demeanor, despite being known as a blunt trial and settlement judge.
Among the various honors that Chiantelli received are Top 50 Neutral in California by the Daily Journal from 2008 to 2011 and Top 40 Neutral in California from 2007 to 2008. In 2006, he was also awarded Mediator of the Year by the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association.
- J.D. from Lincoln University Law School (1967)
- B.A. from University of San Francisco (1961)
- Judge at San Francisco Superior Court in San Francisco County, California
- Justice Pro Tem at First District Court of Appeal in California (from 2001)
- Trial Attorney to Assistant Chief District Attorney at San Francisco District Attorney's Office in San Francisco County, California (1970 to 1982)
- General Civil and Criminal Practice at Private Practice (1967 to 1970)