Santa Clara County Superior Court, Department recalled (website)
Hon. Aaron Persky is a former judge for the Superior Court of Santa Clara County in California. He was appointed in September 2003.
Persky was recalled by voters on June 5, 2018 because of his decision to sentence the Stanford student Brock Allen Turner who was convicted of sexual assault, to only six months in jail. Supporters of the recall argued that the sentence was too lenient. It was the first successful judicial recall in California since 1932. However, the California Commission on Judicial Performance ruled in December 2016 that Persky had not acted inappropriately.
- Bachelor's from Stanford University
- J.D. from University of California, Berkeley Boalt Hall School of Law
- Judge at Superior Court in Santa Clara County (2003 to 2018)
- Attorney at Santa Clara District Attorney's Office (1997 to 2003)
- Attorney at Morrison and Foerster (1992 to 1997)