Last Updated April 18, 2019
This Policy describes the Company’s Data collection policies and practices.
By using Trellis, you voluntarily agree to provide us with your Anonymized Data and consent to our collection, maintenance, use and sharing of your Anonymized Data in accordance with this Policy, including transfers of Anonymized Data to authorized third parties as described herein.
“Personal Data” means, collectively, any non-identifiable Personal Data, Demographic Data and Search Data and all other non-identifiable User information.
“Demographic Data” means any non-personally identifiable data pertaining to your use of the Service or your other interactions with the Company.
“Anonymized Data” means any collected data scrubbed of personally identifiable information, such as your individual or company name, contact information, physical address, e-mail address, phone number, Transaction data, order history, Profile information, etc.
2. Data Collection. The Company automatically receives and records all information on our server logs from your browser or the App including but not limited to IP addresses, cookie information, pixel tags, geo-positioning and the Service pages requested. Your use of the Company’s Legal Platform and Services constitutes your voluntary consent to our collection of Data and use of technologies as set forth below:
(c) The Company’s collection of your computer’s IP addresses includes but is not limited to conducting system administration, Site analysis, blocking Users who have violated our Terms of Service, etc. Additionally, we may be required to disclose IP addresses pursuant to a court order or subpoena.
3. Personal Data. If you provide Data to us through the Company Platform, you acknowledge and agree that such Data may be transferred to the Company’s servers as well as utilized internally by the Company as necessary in the regular course of business including for payments, product optimizations and iterations, etc.
4. Financial Data. At this time, the Company utilized a third party payment platform for processing payments. Further information on their use and collection of data may found at Stripe. At this time, the Company will does not store or maintain Financial Data from any User.
5. Storage and Data Retention: The Company stores Data for an indefinite period of time.
6. Our Use and Sharing of Your Data and Other Information We use the Data you provide in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. The Company shares Data with third parties including but not limited to Data which will enhance the User experience and provide User’s with more relevant research and analytics offerings.
7. Third Parties: By default, the Company does not share User Data with third parties.
8. Business Transfers: As the Company develops its business, it may sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Data may be part of the transferred assets.
9. Legal Requirements: The Company may disclose User Personal Data and Financial Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) comply with a legal obligation, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or to enforce its Terms of Service, (3) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of the Site or the public, or (4) protect against legal liability.
12. Guidelines regarding Children (COPPA): Our Service is not designed or intended for use by children under 13. If you are under 18, you should not use the Platform. If you delegate any use of the Company Platform to persons under 18, you assume all such risk associated therewith.
13. Your California Privacy Rights (California Residents): California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our Users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com. Additionally, please review our Public Records Policy Statement to learn about th kinds of public records we may gather and make available.
14. S.B. 370 Notice (California residents): Our Platform “does not track” browser settings.
15. Applicable Law: The interpretation and application of this Policy shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Our Service is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Those who choose to access the Platform do so at their own initiative and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
16. Correcting, Amending, Deleting Personal Information: You may cancel your registration or update your preferences at any time. If you do not want to receive information about our services and products, please update your account preferences (where available), check the appropriate box when registering and/or utilize the "unsubscribe" mechanism within the communications that you receive from us.
17. Changes: From time to time, we may revise this Policy. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this page. Any changes to this Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the Internet, accessible through the footer on the Platform. By continuing to use the Service and the Company Platform following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time, please do not continue using the Platform. To the extent that an arbitrator or court of applicable jurisdiction determines that applying any changes to this Policy would render this an illusory or unenforceable contract, such changes shall be applicable on a prospective basis only, with respect to events or circumstances occurring after the date of such changes, to the extent necessary to avoid this Policy being deemed illusory or unenforceable.